Thursday, September 06, 2007

Review of the movie "Joshua"


Let me begin my review by quoting a previous poster that is clearly ignorant of what The Catholic Church truly teaches or believes,"if you agree with Roman Catholicism, then you will love this movie."
Well, I am a Roman Catholic and I would not say that I "love this movie" sure it does have some great moments like when Joshua after being commissioned to carve the statue of St. Peter says, "Yeah, I know Peter." or, and this is the most moving part for me. When Joshua embraces The Holy Father (the Pope) and calls him Peter re-affirming what He said in Matt. 16-18:"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
The problem that I do have with the story is that Jesus/Joshua does not make any distinction between True Christian doctrine and Protestant heresy; which is a serious problem in these days of false ecumenism. Jesus established ONE Church, not 336,000 different churches. Again, most "Christian" films these day are warm-fuzzy entertainment.
What I'd really like to see a movie made out of the book "Pierced by a sword" by Bud Macfarlane Jr,

No comments: