Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Breviarium Romanum

JMJ

I have been digging my heels into the daily recitation of Lauds and Vespers and I must say that if you think your Latin pronunciation is pretty good; just try saying the Office.... Whew... I thought that my Latin was good until now. I'm sure I'm butchering the "flow" but Our Lord is using this to teach me the Knightly virtue of patience and obedience....

Fra. Charles has ordered 6 new Diurnales for those of us just getting started however the problem is that they're published in Econe and it will be several months before he can get them out to us.. (Again, the Knightly virtue of patience) In the mean time I'm using the online Breviary at: http://www.breviary.net/ and the preces sheet from the Militiae Templi (those are prayers special of the Order.)

I'm also getting together with Rachel when I can to say Vespers together. In any event keep praying for me as I continue learning the Office.

I have a whole lifetime to recite it daily


No comments: