Friday, August 28, 2009

My walk with St. Dominic



JMJ

Last night I spoke with Rev. Father and I will be entering the 5 month T.O.P. postulancy very soon. At the end (God willing) I will enter the novitiate, recieve the habit, and my religious name.

We talked about the fact that up until V2 the T.O.P. wore the habit to Holy Mass, during processions, any Liturgical functions, Meetings, and of course being burried in the Habit. I like this very much because each time one puts on the habit the vows are punctuated ever more strongly in ones' mind and heart.

My love of Dominican spirituality came from St. Louis De Montfort (T.O.P.)and the more and more I read, the more and more St. Dominic's call was heard. TRUE Dominican spirituality!! It is truly a shame what has happened by and large to the Order of Preachers since the Council however, I want to be a loyal son of Holy Mother Church & a son of Holy Father Dominic...

I ask for everyone's prayers as I begin my Dominican walk..

Most Blessed Mother, Pray for us,
St. Dominic, Pray for us
St. Louis De Montfort, Pray for us



No comments: